Frequently Asked Questions
We pay particular attention to the extent to which potential investee companies meet the following investment criteria:
– The track record of the business
– Attractive growth prospects
– Competent management
– competitive advantage
– A demonstrably positive impact in general on rural socio-economic development – wealth creation, rural employment, entrepreneurship, diversification of the economic base
– Socially and environmentally sustainable
– Sound corporate governance.
As a long-term equity partner, Webzen commits to the following in addition to the long-term capital it provides:
– Board participation by experienced directors
– Business building support in the form of business competitive strategy inputs,
– strategic marketing inputs
– financial, structuring, and general business planning advice
– access to extensive business networks
– general business guidance
– active, hands-on management support to operational interventions when needed.
– Staying the course with its investee companies through the inevitable ups and downs of business cycles.
Webzen invests debt, equity, and quasi-equity in transactions broadly meeting the following parameters:
– Nature of transactions: Business expansion and consolidation (‘buy-and-build’), corporate unbundling, privatization, de-listing.
– Preferred equity position: 25% – 45%.
– Preferred debt provision: 25-35% of funds required.
– Prudential limit: Webzen typically does not provide more than 75% of the business’s expansion capital required.
– Minimum transaction amount: NGN 65m/ USD 150,000.
*Webzen is open to syndication and co-investment.*
We follow a proven process to establish a relationship with each of our clients, to get to know their business and to assess their financial needs and the form it should take in the future.
This process is reliant on your active engagement and our receiving the necessary information from you and a positive due diligence process.
On average, our investment process takes between 4-12 weeks.